PNP Pharmaceuticals, established in 1999, has rapidly grown to become one of Canada’s largest contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements. We provide unique and innovative formulations to our client’s specifications. Today, PNP Pharmaceuticals manufactures high quality nutraceuticals and OTC products for markets worldwide.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, and our standard of maintaining high quality products are our priority. We have taken additional measures to combat this difficult period. These measures include but not limited to providing PPE, social distancing and implementing pre-shift protocols to ensure we continue to protect our employees and workplace.
Currently, we are seeking a Sanitation Supervisor to join our team.
9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor will oversee the operations of the sanitation team. This individual will ensure compliance with all food safety regulations, GMP and SOPs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, facilitate and work with the sanitation team and related departments in ensuring the sanitation program of the facility is maintained, and meeting the GMP and all federal regulations and standards which includes the interior and exterior of the building and waste disposal.
- Oversee and perform the clean-up activities of equipment and facilities.
- Train production and sanitation employees on proper cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Supervise sanitation team and coordinate cleaning activities with other departments.
- Assist in overseeing and maintaining the Pest Control & Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Liaise with external vendors and contractors related to facility sanitation upkeeps.
- Carry out cleaning validation and allergen cleaning validation studies in accordance with quality department.
- Help in deviation investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventive actions to resolve cleaning and sanitation related issues.
- Evaluate and forecast staffing demands and cleaning schedules and tasks.
- Ensure safety practices are followed by employees when handling chemicals.
- Assess and evaluate sanitation training’s effectiveness and make recommendations to improve effectiveness as needed.
- Complete, document and report all sanitation paperwork, records, budget and inventory.
- Responsible for inventory tracking and ordering of supplies and cleaning tools.
- Perform inspections throughout the facility to ensure PNP and regulatory standards are upheld and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Provide and implement continuous process improvements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ad hoc duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a sanitation supervisor required.
- Experience in GMP and/or food/pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Qualified by education, training, or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in maintaining food safety systems such as HACCP considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of BRC, SQF, GMP and other pharmaceutical/food experience.
- Knowledge and trained on housekeeping, sanitation and pest control procedures.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in food, nutraceuticals or pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to carry out various cleaning validation studies.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good written, and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically fit, with the ability to lift over 25kg repeatedly and the ability to stand, walk, crouch for long periods of time.
PNP Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive salary, benefits, growth opportunities, company sponsored events, and a safe and inclusive workplace. If you think you’re the right candidate and interested in this position, please apply directly to email@example.com, with your resume and subject of “Sanitation Supervisor.”
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.