Purchaser (17-month Maternity Coverage)
PNP Pharmaceuticals, established in 1999, has rapidly grown to become one of Canada’s largest contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements. We provide unique and innovative formulations to our client’s specifications. Today, PNP Pharmaceuticals manufactures high quality nutraceuticals and OTC products for markets worldwide.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, and our standard of maintaining high quality products are our priority. We have taken additional measures to combat this difficult period. These measures include but not limited to providing PPE, social distancing and implementing pre-shift protocols to ensure we continue to protect our employees and workplace.
We are looking for a full-time Purchaser to cover a 17-month maternity leave.
- 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate, enter, and track purchase orders for all materials
- Manage and monitor the flow of incoming materials to meet or improve shipping and production schedules
- Source and negotiate purchase materials from vendors and suppliers
- Track documentation requests from suppliers and obtain follow-up documents if necessary
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact suppliers to resolve problems
- Analyze spreadsheets and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Maintain and update operating system software, worksheets, lists and databases
- Develop and sustain effective long-term supplier relationships
- Suggest process improvements when identified
- Conduct year-end inventory counts (December and January are vacation blackout periods)
- Other duties that may be required
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in purchasing management/administration
- Practical experience in area of responsibility required
- Experience in food / pharmaceutical / nutraceutical industry preferred
- Trained in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-organized and ability to multi-task
- Team-player, with the ability to work independently
PNP Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive salary, benefits, growth opportunities, company sponsored events, and a safe and inclusive workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PNP Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive salary, benefits, growth opportunities, company sponsored events, and a safe and inclusive workplace. If you think you’re the right candidate and interested in this position, please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and subject of : “Purchaser.”