PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
PNP Pharmaceuticals, established in 1999, has rapidly grown to become one of Canada’s largest contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements. We provide unique and innovative formulations to our client’s specifications. Today, PNP Pharmaceuticals manufactures high quality nutraceuticals and OTC products for markets worldwide.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, and our standard of maintaining high quality products are our priority. We have taken additional measures to combat this difficult period. These measures include but not limited to providing PPE, social distancing and implementing pre-shift protocols to ensure we continue to protect our employees and workplace.
Currently, we are seeking a Product Development Associate to join our Product Development team.
- 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Principal Duties and Resposibilities:
- Develop new product formulations (e.g. powder, tablet, capsule, other) within the pre-defined constraints of the project (e.g. label claims, serving size, cost), using bench techniques scalable to production volumes.
- Prepare bench-scale samples of finished products for customer assessment and/or internal use.
- Perform raw material and powder blend characterizations for physical and organoleptic properties.
- Assess alternate raw material (RM) sources for use in existing formulations.
- Manage and maintain Product Development samples of raw materials and finished products.
- Determine RM sample requirements for PD projects and work with Production, Warehouse and QC staff to obtain samples of in-house RMs as required.
- Work with Production staff to complete trials on production equipment.
- Work with Production staff to determine successful blending procedures applicable to manufacturing environment.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all PD lab and production trial work performed.
- Prepare Master Formulas (MMFs) for new formulations and for reformulations involving change in ingredients and/or input quantities.
- Draft new and update existing SOPs related to Product Development, as required.
- Host sensory evaluation sessions with internal panelists and clients, collect feedback on prototypes presented.
- Offer suggestions for process improvement and formula optimization when identified.
- Attend supplier seminar, industry trade show and technical training as required.
- Assist with special projects as needed and any other tasks assigned by Director of Product Development.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University or college degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Experience working with nutraceutical/pharmaceutical lab equipment such as analytical balances, powder flow testing, Ro-tab sieve shakers, moisture analyser
- Familiarity with Nutraceutical and Pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and equipment is an asset- tablet press, encapsulator, blender, film coating, packaging – bottles/blister/pouch
- Familiarity with USP-NF, FCC, and other compendia is an asset
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous flavoring or solid dosage formulation experience would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office
- Competent technical writing skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task assignments to achieve deadlines
- Well organized and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and proficiency
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and subject of “Product Development Associate.”
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.