Currently, we are seeking a Janitor to join our Sanitation team.
Hours: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily cleaning and regular upkeep of areas within PNP Pharmaceuticals facilities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in all areas via sweeping, wiping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or other methods.
- Service, clean and supply all restrooms within company grounds daily.
- Resupply gowning area with gloves, hair net, masks, shoe covers and disposable coats.
- Resupply kitchen areas with bottled water for coolers, cleaning supplies and paper towels.
- Responsible for weekly laundry service and preparing laundry load for pickup (removing debris/materials from pockets and checking coats for damage) and returning clean laundry to gowning area.
- Sort, collect and transfer of garbage and recyclables to designated bins on a daily basis.
- Cleanup any spills and hazards that have occurred in a timely manner.
- Maintain and organize janitorial supply inventory and equipment, inform supervisor if supplies need to be replenished or equipment needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Responsible for keeping all janitorial equipment in good working order and maintain a clean and orderly janitorial supply area.
- Water and maintain any plants within company facilities.
- Assist in preparing, cleaning and setting up chairs, tables and other items for company events.
- Notify supervisor and maintenance staff of any areas that are of concern and require repair or additional maintenance such as appliance issues, pests, water leakage or other maintenance problems.
- Execute janitorial tasks while ensuring all relevant SOPs are followed.
- Ensure task list assigned is completed.
- Provide coverage for other janitors in the Sanitation department, as needed.
- Other related tasks as directed by managers in other departments (Production/QA/QC).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Trained in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices with practical experience
- Prior experience working with cleaning chemicals and janitorial equipment
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Ability to meet physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for duration of shift
- Ability to read and understand all relevant SOPs
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25kg
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please apply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and subject title: “Janitor.”
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.