PNP Pharmaceuticals, established in 1999, has rapidly grown to become one of Canada’s largest contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements. We provide unique and innovative formulations to our client’s specifications. Today, PNP Pharmaceuticals manufactures high quality nutraceuticals and OTC products for markets worldwide.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, and our standard of maintaining high quality products are our priority. We have taken additional measures to combat this difficult period. These measures include but not limited to social distancing and implementing pre-shift protocols to ensure we continue to protect our employees and workplace.
Currently, we are seeking a Janitor to join our Sanitation team.
- 2:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily cleaning and regular upkeep of areas within PNP Pharmaceuticals facilities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in all areas via sweeping, wiping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or other methods.
- Service, clean and supply all restrooms within company grounds daily.
- Resupply gowning area with gloves, hair net, masks, shoe covers and disposable coats.
- Resupply kitchen areas with bottled water for coolers, cleaning supplies and paper towels.
- Responsible for weekly laundry service and preparing laundry load for pickup (removing debris/materials from pockets and checking coats for damage) and returning clean laundry to gowning area.
- Sort, collect and transfer of garbage and recyclables to designated bins on a daily basis.
- Cleanup any spills and hazards that have occurred in a timely manner.
- Maintain and organize janitorial supply inventory and equipment, inform supervisor if supplies need to be replenished or equipment needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Responsible for keeping all janitorial equipment in good working order and maintain a clean and orderly janitorial supply area.
- Water and maintain any plants within company facilities.
- Assist in preparing, cleaning and setting up chairs, tables and other items for company events.
- Notify supervisor and maintenance staff of any areas that are of concern and require repair or additional maintenance such as appliance issues, pests, water leakage or other maintenance problems.
- Execute janitorial tasks while ensuring all relevant SOPs are followed.
- Ensure task list assigned is completed.
- Provide coverage for other janitors in the Sanitation department, as needed.
- Other related tasks as directed by managers in other departments (Production/QA/QC).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Trained in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices with practical experience.
- Prior experience working with cleaning chemicals and janitorial equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Ability to meet physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for duration of shift.
- Ability to read and understand all relevant SOPs.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25kg.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please apply send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and subject title: “Janitor.”
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.