PNP Pharmaceuticals, established in 1999, has rapidly grown to become one of Canada’s largest contract manufacturers of nutritional supplements. We provide unique and innovative formulations to our client’s specifications. Today, PNP Pharmaceuticals manufactures high quality nutraceuticals and OTC products for markets worldwide.
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our employees, our stakeholders, and our standard of maintaining high quality products are our priority. We have taken additional measures to combat this difficult period. These measures include but not limited to providing PPE, social distancing and implementing pre-shift protocols to ensure we continue to protect our employees and workplace.
Currently, we are seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our Accounting team.
- 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support duties related to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including but not limited to:
- Post invoices and payment requests.
- Sett up new vendors in accounting software.
- Balance statements and preparing accounts for payments by verifying data in system.
- Assist with account reconciliation.
- Process accounts payable and receivable invoices.
- Assist in the collection of outstanding amounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial and statistical statements and reports.
- Analyze financial information in order to identify discrepancies.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and issues in a timely fashion, both with internal key personnel and external vendors.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries.
- Coordinate among key personnel to expedite critical payments.
- Assist with and administer payroll related inquiries.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer suggestions for process improvement when identified.
- Other related duties as specified by department manager.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or similar field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience can be substituted.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of payroll experience considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with ERP systems and QuickBooks required.
- Experience in other accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Experience in manufacturing industry considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties.
- Ability to multitask and manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills and effective organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
PNP Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive salary, benefits, growth opportunities, company sponsored events, and a safe and inclusive workplace. If you think you’re the right candidate and interested in this position, please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and subject of “Accounting Assistant.”
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in PNP Pharmaceuticals, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.